Church Safety Training
18mar9:00 am4:00 pmChurch Safety TrainingEast Region
Led by Disaster Response Team’s ALICE certified trainers, Grace Presbytery is providing a certified ALICE (Alert • Lockdown • Inform • Counter • Evaluate) Violent Threat (active shooter) Response Training to empower our congregations
Led by Disaster Response Team’s ALICE certified trainers, Grace Presbytery is providing a certified ALICE (Alert • Lockdown • Inform • Counter • Evaluate) Violent Threat (active shooter) Response Training to empower our congregations in the East region to determine the path forward regarding their church safety.
This training will be held at First Presbyterian Church located at 301 N. Center Street in Longview.
Who should attend this training?
Congregation members, church staff, including individuals who run ongoing activities at your location, such as daycare or afterschool care, will find this training beneficial.
The training is limited to 40 participants and up to 2 participants per church with firm commitment to attend the entire training session.
Violent Threat Response Training includes:
● Consideration of your specific church setting, such as worship in the sanctuary.
● Consideration of small group activities such as Sunday school, committee meetings, bible studies, and prayer meetings is also addressed.
● Practical exercises are included with the instruction.
● An overview of safety team and policy is provided.
● “Question and Answer” session to address attendee questions and concerns.
● Grace Presbytery funds the cost of all participant materials and meals.
9:00 a.m. Welcome & Prayer
Morning Session primary focus: ALICE Training
12:00 p.m. Break for Networking Lunch
Afternoon Session primary focus: church specific team discussion, safety policy, Q&A
4:00 p.m. Evaluation & Closing
Questions regarding the training event: DRT member John Hill
General information: GP staff Joanna Kim
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
First Presbyterian Church - Longview
Submit a Comment Cancel reply
- M.E. Clary on Church Safety Training
- David F. Judd on Church Safety Training
- M.E. Clary on African-American History Tour
- Shirley Russell on African-American History Tour
- Daniel Gugliotta on Service of Installation: Rev. Dae Jung
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- October 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- January 2022
- November 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- November 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
A great thing to do, and I had hoped to recruit area churches to join up and do this later…however this is very short notice.
We have a work day scheduled for that day so No one from our church will be able to participate.
Yes, it was very quickly planned, David. Good news, however, they are available on request and can schedule at your convenience in the future!