Job Listing: Part-time Organist/Piano/Optional Handbell – First Pres, Mesquite
FPCM Part-time Organist/Piano/Optional Handbell
First Presbyterian Church Mesquite is a historic church, founded in 1881, serving an inner Dallas
• We celebrate the connections to our community’s heritage.
• We seek to connect with the new ways God is at work here.
• We respond to God’s love as we worship God in spirit and truth.
• We respond to God’s love as we build up and encourage one another in hope.
• We respond to God’s love as we serve our community in faith.
FPC Mesquite has a long standing tradition of a strong music program in a traditional setting. The music ministry includes the Chancel Choir, the Jubilate Ringers, (an adult handbell choir), small choral ensembles, Youth Choir, Youth Handbell Choir, a Children’s Choir, and the Alleluia Chime choir, (for children 2nd-5th).
• Undergraduate degree in Music. MM is preferable
• Hold a high level of skill and musicianship on organ, piano, keyboard, and handbells
• Possess a Christian Character
• Accountable to the Music Director, Pastor, as head-of-staff, to the Worship Committee, and ultimately to the Session in the performance of his/her responsibilities.
• To accompany all worship services, including Sunday morning services and seasonal special services.
• To accompany all concerts or special program events, on or off church property, where accompaniment music is required, as their schedule allows.
• To accompany all musical groups, including soloists, ensembles, etc.
• To provide organ/piano music for weddings and funerals as personal schedule may allow.
• To accompany rehearsals of the Chancel Choir or other choirs as negotiated with the Music Director.
• To rehearse with soloists, ensembles, etc. and musicians at mutually agreed upon times.
• To provide the Music Director necessary bulletin information for instrumental and other music for the upcoming Sunday in a timely manner.
• Be available for meetings with the Music Director at mutually agreed upon times.
• Handbells (optional if qualified)
• Commensurate with experience and education
Please send a resume and references to the following:
Quinda Hatfield, Head of the Search Committee
Casey McCollough, Director of Music
Jones Doughton, Senior Minister